This whole leading a wellness lifestyle can be tricky. One day you're learning about protein powders and the next you're hearing that being vegan is the way to go if you want to be healthy. So what's the right info?? Well that's my job. I am here to help you navigate what and how to fit all of this fun and healthy stuff into your lifestyle. Wellness doesn't have to be crazy and overwhelming. That's actually the direct opposite effect that us in the industry are trying to do here! We want to help you. Not confuse you.
So...in an effort to help you in the best way I can, here are tips to help you lead a healthy lifestyle on a budget. Because I know we can't all afford to keep trying out the next new thing whenever it pops up! I may be leading a super healthy life these days, but I keep myself in check when spending. There are things worth splurging on for sure. We all have them no matter what we buy. Life ain't cheap, especially in NYC!
5 Ways to Be Healthy On A Budget:
1) Workout for free (or on the cheap): There are tons of apps out there to help you get into shape. My favorite app is by Nike and these workouts kick my ass! They have plans you can make for weeks at a time, yoga, strength and endurance workouts. They also have a running app that keeps track for you! No, this is not a sponsored post, I just love it! You can also go to Yoga for The People or find a community class at a local studio, which is donation based. Running outside and getting that Vitamin D is still one of my all time fav workouts this time of year!!! It's free and you can bring a buddy to the park to do it ;)
2) Have likeminded friends: When you surround yourself with people that have similar hobbies and ways of living, it's easier to stick to a budget when planning things. Staying in, ya know "the new going out," won't seem lame with someone that enjoys doing that along with you. I love to cook and try new recipes on friends so I have people who come over and taste test for me and hang out!
3) Shop local: In regards to foods, shopping at farmers markets is way healthier because the foods haven't traveled very far and they are fresher and last longer. Generally, the portion sizes at markets are quite large and if you go at the end of the day, you can bargain with them for cheaper prices. #shoplocal
4) Make a list: I can't stress this enough, but staying organized with what you need prior to shopping will help you spend less $$ overall. You will only buy what you need if you can keep track. I either write it down or create a list in 'notes' and cross the item out once I have it.
5) Cook more to eat out less: Plan ahead and meal prep! Find time throughout your week to cook things in bulk. Things like making soups or rice dishes ahead of time will help you spend less $ during your lunch hour. I like to know what's in my food. This has helped me keep track of how certain foods make me feel, improve my digestion and save $!
One thing I do splurge on is supplements. Quality is super important when taking a supplement! Its like organic and non organic meat. You don't want to buy something that has extra fillers in it. Message me for more info.
Living a healthy life doesn't have to mean breaking the bank. There are always ways to choose the best option for you. Listen to your mind and body and don't stress ;)
You got this!!!