2 Lbs ground meat (I use organic turkey. Traditionally it uses pork)
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch mint
1 large shallot
1 small habanero
1 1/2 inch ginger
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 avocado (optional)
1 butter lettuce head (optional)
- Marinate the meat in the juice of 2 limes in the refrigerator while you chop of the rest of the food.
- Chop the cilantro, mint, ginger, shallot, habanero (use gloves bc the oil will stay on your fingers), and garlic into fine pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Juice the other 2 limes in a bowl and add the 3 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- In a large sauce pan, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat the pan.
- Cook the ground meat. It will be watery.
- Strain the meat and place in a bowl. Once all the meat is strainer, add all of the ingredients and mix.
- Best served in lettuce cups and/or with avocado.